Folidouma, cd/dvd by Mamoutou Kone, and Konmonfoli are not distributed under the usual copyright regime, through a society of authors (SACEM, for example). This production is under Creative Commons license.
Before you consider downloading and/or using the images, audio and video files available on this website, you should carefully read the Legal Code under which these works are distributed.
Only the two cd/dvd Folidouma and Konmonfoli, as well as the audio files offered for download and the construction manuals are licensed under a Creative Commons license. The other elements present on this website (video, images, texts) are not under a Creative Commons license. They are subject to the usual copyright.
In contrast to exploitation through an authors' company, the Creative Commons license gives a lot of rights to the user of the product. However, depending on the wishes of the author, the proposed contract may contain some restrictions, which must be noted. The Creative Commons license does not supersede the moral rights of authors over their works, but allows authors to grant additional rights to users of these works.
In broad outline and to summarize, you have the following rights on the cd/dvd package you have acquired and on the content of the website :
- right and unlimited readability on any medium.
- unlimited right to copy on any medium whatsoever.
- right of loan, without restrictions.
- the right to exchange music files over the Internet (P2P).
- right to reproduce, distribute and communicate the work to the public.
- the above rights are exercised without financial compensation for the author and/or producer.
There are two restrictions attached to these rights:
- commercial use (e. g. advertising medium), unless the author or producer has given permission. The posting of videos from the Mamoutou site on commercial advertising sites would violate the terms of this license.
- right of modification of the work subject to the author's or producer's authorization and publication in the same way. To be precise, if you plan to publish, after authorization, changes to the videos or photos on this site, dvd Folidouma or the site itself, your work must also be published under Creative Commons license, and with the same rights. You cannot close (own) a work opened under Creative Commons by its author. Remixes, addition of effects, modification of the equalization are considered as a modification of the work. They are only permitted with the consent of the author or producer. This prohibition does not apply to the use of the work for private use.
Remixes, addition of effects, modification of the equalization are considered as a modification of the work. They are only permitted with the consent of the author or producer. This prohibition does not apply to the use of the work for private use.
The presence of the license does not cancel the right to the image of the persons present on the website.
Traditional music performed by Mamoutou and his band, on both the cd and the dvd, are not under Creative Commons license. These traditional music retains their respective rights. The same applies to the programming languages used for the construction of the site, free languages of use. Do not confuse programming languages with the artistic content of the site.
This choice of license allows to protect the artists' work and to preserve its original value, while allowing the free circulation of works.
This cd and dvd are not protected by software or hardware copy protection measures (DRM), Creative Commons licenses do not allow it. Moreover, the author and producer reject these methods, which impoverish artistic production and play into the hands of entertainment multinationals. However, respect the work of the artists, don't trade in large-scale copying of this cd/dvd, you would only impoverish the music you love.
Return to top Home page
© | | | | | |